A stay at the Van Cleef Homestead is perfect for unpacking once and seeing all the Finger Lakes Region has to offer. There are many adventures that will appeal to wide and diverse interests for young and old. Enjoy your day tasting fine Finger Lakes wines and micro brewed beers on the wine trails. Immerse yourself in history when visiting any of the renowned museums. Get close to nature by hiking or biking any of the parks and trails. If shopping is your pleasure, we are 5 miles from outlet shopping and a short drive to antique, craft, and farmer’s markets. And for the sports enthusiast, there are fine golf courses, Finger Lakes Race Track and Watkins Glen International Raceway, all conveniently closeby for your enjoyment.
- Cayuga Wine Trail
The Cayuga Wine Trail is the Eastern most wine trail with 16 member wineries and numerous
independent wineries that produce award-winning wines.
- Seneca Lake Wine Trail
The Seneca Lake Wine Trail has over 30 member wineries with many diverse choices of wines among
its member wineries.
- You will also find an assortment of bistros, restaurants, and pubs at the wineries to enjoy lunch or
dinner while you enjoy the view of the lake.
- A new New York State law now allows for the addition of micro breweries, distilleries and hard cider
mills to be added to the wineries and are available for your tasting
Parks and Gardens
- National Memorial Day Museum
Dedicated to the origin of Memorial Day which was born in Waterloo, NY.
- National Women’s Hall of Fame, Seneca Falls
National museum honoring great women past and present.
- Women’s Rights National Historical Park, Seneca Falls
Discover the story of women’s rights.
- Seneca Museum of Waterways and Industry in Seneca Falls
Seneca County was a magnet to everyone wishing to start a new life with hard work, abundant water
power, lakes, rich natural resources and farm land. Discover many great inventions that we now take
- Rose Hill Mansion, Fayette
A national historic landmark considered one of the finest examples of Greek Revival
architecture in the U.S.
- Corning Museum of Glass, Corning
Glass exhibits, glass making demonstrations, interactive glass making programs.
- Museum of the Earth, Trumansburg
A museum of natural history.
- Peter Whitmer Farm, Waterloo
- Seneca Falls Historical Society, Seneca Falls
Performing Arts and Entertainment